Basis the detailed guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs a short while ago, we have summarized the list of activities shall be permitted from 20th April with strict norms of social distancing to be adhered to. These activities will not be permitted in hotspot or containment zones.
- Health services including AYUSH
- Agri related activities including horticulture to remain fully functional. This includes mandis, farm machinery shops, inter and intra state movement of harvest and sowing related machinery, manufacturing and distribution of fertilizers, seeds and pesticides
- Coffee, tea plantation with max 50% staff
- Fisheries and cold chain
- Animal husbandry
- Financial sector entities like banks, RBI, IRDA, SEBI and insurance companies
- Anganwadis. old age homes and homes for the disabled
- MGNREGA work with priority to irrigation and water conservation
- Public utilities in Oil & Gas, postal, power and telecom
- All goods traffic allowed to ply. Air transport to be used for cargo, land and sea ports
- Movement of all trucks and goods carriers with 2 drivers and one helper.
- Shop for truck repairs and dhabas on highways
- Movement of staff and contractual labour for railways, airports, seaports, ICDs allowed on basis of pass authorization
- Print and electronic media including DTH
- IT & IT enabled services with 50% staff
- Call centers for government activities only
- Courier services
- Private security services
- E commerce companies with permit passes
- Services provided by self-employed like electrician, plumbers, carpenters
- Offices of state government, their autonomous bodies and local government
- Offices of Government of India.
Following Industrial establishments to be permitted (govt and private both):
- Industries operating in rural areas
- SEZs and EOUs with stay of workers on premises
- Manufacturing units of essential goods including pharma
- Food processing units
- IT hardware manufacturing
- Packaging material units
- Jute industry
- Oil & gas
- Brick making in rural areas only.
Following Construction activities to be permitted:
- Construction of roads, irrigation projects, industrial projects including MSMEs in rural areas which are outside municipal limits
- Renewable energy projects
- Construction projects in municipal area where workers are available onsite only.
Image Source: IndiaTVNews
Noval Corona Virus, Corona, Covid 19, Lockdown, India Lockdown, Lockdown Guidelines